1. Sun Belt Conference this season is the 20th season of Sun Belt softball. Sun Belt teams have combined for 33 postseason appearances (29 NCAA Division I Softball Championship and four National Invitation Softball Championship) in 19 seasons. Over that span, the conference has compiled 66 NCAA Tournament wins, seven NCAA Super Regional appearances, three NCAA Women’s College World Series appearances and one NISC Championship Round appearance.
2. Texas as of April 1st the toughest player to strikeout in D1 softball was sophomore second baseman Janae Jefferson She has struck out just once this season in 128 plate appearances.
3. Georgia has hit six grand slams so far this season. That’s the most since 2016 when he Bulldogs hit eight in the season. Freshman Savana Sikes owns two of the six hit this season and three have come in the month of April.
4. Mizzou sophomore 3B Kimberly Wert now has 17 home runs on the season. The program’s record of 20 was set by Amanda Renth back in 2008. Wert is the first Tiger with 17 homers in a season since Emily Crane had 17 back in 2016. The sophomore is the only first-year Tiger ever with 17+ homers in a single-season.
5. LSU Shemiah Sanchez lead the Tigers with 16 home runs which is two away from tying the single-season home run record. The Tigers have hit 64 on the year, which is one away from tying the single-season record as a team.
6. Arizona and Mississippi State are the lone programs in all of Division I softball to have two student-athletes with 20+ home runs this season as both sophomore Mia Davidson (23) and junior Fa Leilua (20) rank first and fourth.
7. Ole Miss in non-conference play they have a perfect 13-0 record at the Ole Miss Softball Complex. Overall, the Rebels are 19-3 on their home field.
8. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns recently wrapped up the Sun Belt Conference crown. It’s the program’s 16th regular season title in the 19-year history of regular season competition in the conference.
9. Keeli Milligan recently became the single-season stolen bases leader for the Ragin’ Cajuns. With her 52nd stolen base of the season she eclipsed the previous mark of 51 recorded by Dorsey Steamer back in 1992.
10.Tennessee senior Haley Bearden recently became the first Lady Vol in history to hit two grand slams in a game and the first player since Lauren Gibson in 2013 to record eight RBI in a single outing on April 16 at ETSU. UT has had two grand slams hit in the same game on three other occasions, but all were by different players.